Built, marketed and sold as a Net Zero home.
We guaranteed the buyer they would not have energy bills.
I had two partners on this project, Keith O’Hara and Glenn Friedman.
As the lead partner on the project I was responsible for the following:
- Assess the available lot inventory and proposed the purchase of the raw land
- Oversaw the design and engineering
- Procured the building permits and other entitlements.
- Set up the financing
- Scott O’Hara Construction Inc. is hired to build the house.
- During construction I was the project manager and on-site supervision.
- Oversaw the entire project until it is put on them market and sold.
Features of 5685 Skyline Blvd
- All electric home
- Minimal framing with a conventional design to increase insulation
- R21 wet applied cellulose wall insulation
- R48 ceiling insulation that includes 2” of rigid foam on top of the roof deck
- Sealed crawlspace with insulated walls
- Engineered, tight duct work installed in sealed crawlspace for reduced energy loss
- HRV whole house ventilation system
- Low or no VOC paints and finishes
- On demand hot water recirculation system
- Air sealing throughout house
- Solar PV system to offset all energy use